Why Losing Weight is Harder than Quitting Smoking

I have 14 pounds left to lose to get off 100 pounds. And I am sick of reading how easy it is to lose. There are easier ways and things that work better, but shedding 86 pounds was not easy. Dieting is like quitting an addiction but harder. I will argue food is the hardest addiction to break. Diet takes longer. You can stop smoking or drinking and start seeing positive effects almost immediately. And you don't carry around outward evidence of your addiction--fat. If you're doing it right (not crash dieting) it will take months to see real progress and maybe years to get all the weight off. I don't say this to discourage. A journey begins with the first step. But I don't want to kid anyone that losing almost half my body weight has been simple. (picture left July 2013, picture right June 2012).
Why Losing Weight is Harder than Quitting Smoking

Blog Archive